● Source: Civil Rights White Paper 2018
● Investigating organization: ANTI-CORRUPTION AND CIVIL RIGHTS COMMISSION
● Investigation period: 2012. ~ 2018. 12. 31.
● Procedure of compensation for public interest reporters: Rewards for public interest reporters are granted when the state or local governments secure the recovery of or increase in direct revenues or the relevant legal relations are clarified through rulings such as ① penalty or notification disposition, ② confiscation or surcharge, ③ fine or enforcement levy, ④ surcharge, ⑤ national or local tax, ⑥ charge or additional charges, ⑦ or compensation for damages or return of unfair profits.
● In 2018, KRW 2,213 million was provided in reward money for 277 public interest reports, bringing the total reward money paid since the enactment of the act to approximately KRW 6,827 million for 5,982 reported cases.