What to be reported
The term of "violation of the public interest" means an act that infringes on the health and safety of the public, environment, consumer interests and fair competition, and falls under any of the following items:
- An act that is subject to any penal provisions defined in the Acts listed in attached table
- An act that is subject to an administrative action determined by Article 3 of Presidential Decree the Act, including the cancellation or suspension of a permit or license in accordance with the Acts listed in the attached table
What constitutes a violation of the public interest?
Search for laws subject to acts of violation of the public interest
Acts of violation of the public interest
How to report
Anyone discovers that a violation occurred or occurring, he/she may report to (a) the ACRC,(b) the representative or employer of a person, institution, organization, company, etc. that may violate or has violated public interest,(c) the administrative agency or supervisory body that has the authority to direct, supervise, regulate or investigate violations of public interest (d) investigative authorities including public prosecutor, police, special judicial police, (e) a member of the National Assembly and (f) a public corporation, a state owned enterprise and other public organization established under the laws on public interest violations, by the following channels.
- Internet : www.clean.go.kr
- Post Address : Government Complaints Counseling Center, Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- Fax : +82-44-200-7972 [Report Form]
- Visit : You can visit the ACRC office in Seoul or Sejong to submit reports. Our office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Government Complaints Counseling Center : Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- ACRC main office : Government Complex-Sejong, 20, Doum 5-ro, Sejong 30102
Reports shall be made in writing (including electronic documents) with the reporting person's personal details along with the evidence in order to prevent irresponsible reporting, false reporting, etc.
How to handle a report
Report received by the ACRC
Report received by examination / investigation agencies
Report received by a member of the National Assembly or a public institution
- Report shall be forwarded to either examination/investigation agencies or to the ACRC. Then it will be handled as the above procedure
Report received by a representative or employer
- Report shall be handled according to its internal handling procedure