- Service information
- New administration's anti
- ACRC's anti-corruption policies
- History of Korea's Anti-Corruption Policy
- Enhancing the Integrity of Public Sector
- Improper Solicitation
and Graft Act
- Raising Public Awareness on Corruption Issues
- Promoting Public-Private Partnership
- Joining Global Efforts to Fight Corruption
- How to Report
Government Subsidy Frauds(Report guide)
What to be reported
Any false claim, inflated claim, diversion to other purposes, mispayment of subsidies, compensation or contributions financed by public funds (funds raised, acquired, managed, disposed or used by public institutions) in accordance with state or local laws, or money or other valuables prescribed by Presidential Decree which are granted without any corresponding consideration.
- Subsidy (a subsidy granted for promoting public services or supporting finances)
- Compensation (compensation for any damage or loss caused by legitimate activities of the central and local governments)
- Contribution (a contribution aimed to accomplish specific goals such as execution of an R&D project or operation of a public institution)
- Money or other valuables prescribed by Presidential Decree which are granted without any corresponding considerations
01What is a false claim?
A claim for payment from public finances made in a false manner or any other unlawful manner without qualification
02What is an inflated claim?
A claim for more payment from public finances than is needed made in a false manner or any other unlawful manner
03What is diversion to other purposes?
The act of spending payment from public finances for purposes or utilities other than those prescribed without following procedures set by state or local laws or standards
04What is a mispayment?
Any other payment from public finances which is wrongly paid
How to report
Anyone who discovers a government subsidy fraud may report to the ACRC by the following channels.
- Internet : www.clean.go.kr
- Post Address : Government Complaints Counseling Center, Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- Fax : +82-44-200-7972
- Visit : You can visit the ACRC office in Seoul or Sejong to submit reports. Our office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Government Complaints Counseling Center : Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- ACRC main office : Government Complex-Sejong, 20, Doum 5-ro, Sejong 30102
Reports shall be made in writing (including electronic documents) with the reporting person's personal details along with the evidence in order to prevent irresponsible reporting, false reporting, etc.
How to handle a report
After receiving a report and verifying its details, the ACRC, if necessary, refers the case to the Board of Audit & Inspection, investigative agencies, or supervisory institution of reported public organization and informs the reporter of the investigation result notified.
In case the report directly contributed to recovering or increasing the revenue of a public institution or reducing its expenses, the reporter may be paid rewards up to 3 billion won.
The ACRC provide protective measures such as guarantee of employment, physical protection, confidentiality for reporters, cooperators, etc. in order for them to report the violation without fear.