- Service information
- New administration's anti
- ACRC's anti-corruption policies
- History of Korea's Anti-Corruption Policy
- Enhancing the Integrity of Public Sector
- Improper Solicitation
and Graft Act
- Raising Public Awareness on Corruption Issues
- Promoting Public-Private Partnership
- Joining Global Efforts to Fight Corruption
- How to Report
Violation of Improper Solicitation and Graft Act(Report guide)
What to be reported
The act of a person making a improper solicitation under Article 5 (1), directly or through a third party, to a public official, etc. performing his or her duties or act of a public official performing his/her duties as solicited after receiving an improper solicitation
The act of a public official, etc. or his/her spouse receiving, requesting, or promising to receive any prohibited money, goods, etc. under Article 8 of the Act (Including acts of a person offering, promising to offer, or expressing any intention to offer any prohibited money, goods, etc. to any public official, etc. or to his/her spouse)
The act of a public official, etc. accepting money exceeding the limits specified by the Attached Table 2 of Presidential Decree of the Act as an honorarium
Other acts in violation of the provisions stipulated under this Act.
How to report
Anyone discovers that a violation occurred or occurring, he/she may report to (a) public institutions where the violation of the Act occurs or a supervisory institutions, (b) Board of Audit and Inspection (BAI), (c) investigation agencies, and (d) the ACRC, by the following channels.
- Internet : www.clean.go.kr
- Post Address : Government Complaints Counseling Center, Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- Fax : +82-44-200-7972 [Report Form]
- Visit : You can visit the ACRC office in Seoul or Sejong to submit reports. Our office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Government Complaints Counseling Center : Government Complex - Seoul 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03171
- ACRC main office : Government Complex-Sejong, 20, Doum 5-ro, Sejong 30102
Reports shall be made in writing (including electronic documents) with the reporting person's personal details along with the evidence in order to prevent irresponsible reporting, false reporting, etc.
How to handle a report
After receiving a report and verifying its details, the ACRC, if necessary, refers the case to the Board of Audit & Inspection, investigative agencies, or supervisory institution of reported public organization and informs the reporter of the investigation result notified.
In case the report directly contributed to recovering or increasing the revenue of a public institution or reducing its expenses, the reporter may be paid rewards up to 2 billion won.
The ACRC provide protective measures such as guarantee of employment, physical protection, confidentiality for reporters, cooperators, etc. in order for them to report the violation without fear.
ACT ON THE PREVENTION OF CORRUPTION AND THE ESTABLISHMENT AND
MANAGEMENT OF THE ANTI-CORRUPTION AND CIVIL RIGHTS COMMISSION shortcuts
- IMPROPER SOLICITATION AND GRAFT ACT shortcuts
- ENFORCEMENT DECREE OF THE IMPROPER SOLICITATION AND GRAFT ACT shortcuts
- GUIDELINES FOR HANDLING REPORTS OF VIOLATIONS OF THE IMPROPER SOLICITATION AND GRAFT ACT shortcuts